Summers are a perfect time to relax and get engaged in outdoor activities. Most kids go out to play baseball and other games with their friends. After
Summers are a perfect time to relax and get engaged in outdoor activities. Most kids go out to play baseball and other games with their friends. After all they get relief from heavy school homework. Working people can also get away from the entire chaotic schedule and spend some pleasant moments with their family. Now you have days to plan your outing for a hill station or a beach. On the whole, it is the time to enjoy fully however, one should not forget that is also the time when one is more likely to get affected with different kinds of allergies.
Allergies are an irritating disorder; they afflict people when their immune system reacts in an abnormal way. The condition generate from the harmful elements that are present in your body. These substances can be medicines, plant pollen, dust and certain foods that are known as allergens. The other causes of allergy include exposure to sun and usage of cosmetics. Following are some of the symptoms of the allergic conditions:
- Skin rashes and running nose
- Vomiting and wheezing
- Stomach cramps
- Itching on the skin, throat, mouth, nose and other areas
- Diarrhea and coughing
- Tearing, burning and itchy eyes
- Breathing problems
Types of Allergies
- Artyusa: This kind of allergy can lead to several other illnesses such as serum disease, damaged immune complex and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Cytotoxic: The diseases that are linked to this type are hemolytic anemia and immune thrombocytopenia.
- Anaphylactic: Allergic rhinitis, a topic bronchial asthma and bannister’s disorder are connected to this type of allergy.
The best thing to treat allergies is to take the help of medications. Your doctor can prescribe you certain drugs after examining this hypersensitivity disorder. The medicines that are used to overcome the condition include corticosteroids, antihistamines and decongestants. But before you take them, understand the complications that are associated to it:
- Drowsiness and other side effects of medicines
- Breathing problems and discomfort during allergic reaction
- Anaphylaxis (life-threatening allergic reaction)
You should take certain precautionary measures to protect your body and skin. These can be usage of sunscreen while you go out, not letting your pets to come inside the bathroom, using curtains that are washable and in case of food allergy, do not have the dairy products. Remember “Precaution is better than Cure”. You just need to change your daily lifestyle to get the symptoms of allergy diminished and softened.