Acne scars come along with acne as a by-product. It is like a double punishment for your skin as you have to first cure the pimples and then those awf
Acne scars come along with acne as a by-product. It is like a double punishment for your skin as you have to first cure the pimples and then those awful marks.
Acne can leave a permanent scarring regardless it is mild, moderate or severe. The most severe acne leaves permanent and darker scars than other forms of acne. It often attacks on face, neck, shoulders and back.
Causes of acne scarring- it is the outcome of the loss of tissues or abnormal formation of new thickened tissues. Frequently, it is the product of an inflamed lesion. In other words, scars are caused by delayed and improper handling of inflammatory acne.
Treatment of acne scars-
1) Prevention- Since prevention is better than cure, first of all try to lessen the chances of scarring. Try to avoid inflammatory breakouts as much as possible. Never ever squeeze a pimple. This activity can spread infection and worst inflammation. Don’t pick scabs. A scab is the natural bandage of the wound. Picking up a scab may increase the chance of scarring.
2) Avoid inflammation, if possible– Avoid aggressive scrubbing and harsh skin care products on the acne prone skin. Avoid anything that may further irritate skin. Avoid inflamed acne lesion as it is much likely to cause scars.
3) Consult your doctor if you experience large, deep cysts- Sometimes even with utmost care, you may not prevent acne scars. In this case, consult your doctor. The doctor must treat the acne according to its severity.
4) Acne cream- Also, there are several cosmetic creams and lotions are available in the market which claim to better cure acne scars. A good acne cream must aim to replace the damaged collagen by activating skin regeneration and to repair the damaged cells by supporting the natural body processing of healing lesions. Four ingredients which are included in acne treatment products to prevent and treat the outbreaks and scarring are sulfur, salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide and resorcinol.
5) Home remedies- The best way to reduce scar without any side effects. Sandalwood with rosewater is the age-old remedy for acne scars. Tomato juice is also effective.
Before taking any step towards the treatment of acne scars, find out the possible causes and the type of scars and then cure accordingly.