The belt is the most important part of a treadmill. In a treadmill exercise, the maximum workout is done with its belt hence it deprecates easily. So
The belt is the most important part of a treadmill. In a treadmill exercise, the maximum workout is done with its belt hence it deprecates easily. So you have to observe it on a regular basis whether it needs to be replaced or not.
A belt is needed to be replaced if it is turned up from the sides and becomes frayed. Often, it splits at the seam.
There is a variety of type and size of belts. If you know the brand, model name, and number, it becomes much easier to get a replacement belt. However if your treadmill is old and you have no idea about the details, or it if it is not a major brand, you have to take the measurement of the belt.
Some companies sell replacement treadmill belts, and some take special orders. But you must take the perfect measure so that your belt will get fit.
Directions to measure your belt-
- Put a mark on one side of the belt. Then measure the circumference of the belt with a tape or string. This should be as closer as possible.
- Take a measure of the width of the belt.
- If your belt is in the worst condition, cutting it off and measuring both the length and width of the belt with the tape will do the trick.
In case you have the model name of the belt-
- Find out the information about the brand and model in the manual. Usually, the information is given on the treadmill itself.
- Locate the serial number of the machine. It is printed on the decal of the treadmill frame. If the treadmill is foldaway, the decal is listed on the inner side. You can find the decal on folding the treadmill.
- You can also get the required information from the manufacturer also. Give the model no or serial no to the customer service and they will provide you the replacement belt information.
- Search online about the replacement belts. Many companies provide an online record of replacement parts.
Before going to purchase the belt, check if your treadmill is in a warranty period. If it is so, contact the owner so that he can take the responsibility to replace your belt.
With time, the treadmill belt becomes frayed and worn. If you still continue using the treadmill, the belt could break and consequently will result in your falling, tripping or any other injury.