With the confirmation of your pregnancy, your wait starts. This is a very beautiful phase in the life of every couple of which they have been dreaming
With the confirmation of your pregnancy, your wait starts. This is a very beautiful phase in the life of every couple of which they have been dreaming since the time they became a couple. Normally the first tri-semester requires essential care and precaution, however, after your pregnancy is confirmed, your life takes a whirlwind change. Accentuate your pregnancy with a pampering massage. Pregnancy massages are very popular providing the mother-to-be with great relaxation, it eases out all the aches and pain from the body and boosts the health of the unborn child as well.
Pregnancy massages are done in multiple ways; the best form of massage commonly employed to massage a pregnant woman is lying down on the side supported with pillows. In this position, the therapist will be able to massage her from varying directions. Besides, there are many cushions available to pamper a pregnant lady. Specially created to give the best massage it provides extra support to the mother and child equally.
Besides, the pressure point around the ankles, thumbs and forefingers provide extreme pleasure and gives overall relaxation to the body. Reflexology is, however, not recommended yet simple effleurage can be considered on her feet. Specially formulated oils are used by the therapist to augment the comfort during the period of pregnancy.
There are various techniques of massaging a pregnant body. Long strokes, effleurage will relax the body and muscles of the client. Just lighter strokes will work; deeper messages must be avoided during pregnancy.
Stated below are some of the benefits of massage during pregnancy-
- Increases cellular respiration and eliminates edema
- A suitable massage will relieve your body of the cramps due to overweight and other physical changes which are seen during pregnancy
- Massage helps relieve the body of the spasms in the muscles
- Relaxes your body by reducing stress, vital during the pre-natal and post-natal stage
- The baby within get a healthy boost with enhanced lymphatic flow and increased blood circulation
- Massaging the mother implies giving her proper nurture pamper her during this beautiful phase of life and uplifting baby’s health as well
- Relaxes the bones and joints overburdened with the increased weight during pregnancy
- Maximizes your energy and endurance level with increased breathing capability required in labor and at the time of delivery of the child
However, doctors never advice for massage in the first tri-semester but when the pregnancy is at an advanced stage, messages can be great nourishment for the mother and the child alike.
So, if you are pregnant or any of your friends are pregnant do tell them to get a pregnancy massage done by a therapist. Being professionally trained, the trainer will ensure absolute relaxation coupled with many health benefits.