Chronic headaches are one of the most widespread health issues that many people are seen to be affected with. It can be caused by stress, tension, tir
Chronic headaches are one of the most widespread health issues that many people are seen to be affected with. It can be caused by stress, tension, tiredness, cold, exposure to noise, alcohol, and hectic lifestyle. It doesn’t come alone but with a range of other problems such as cramps in the neck, back or other muscles.
Below mentioned are some effective tips to eliminate a headache:
- Good posture & stretching: A poor posture may tighten up your neck & shoulder muscles which can lead to headaches. So maintain a good posture while walking or working. You can also perform some stretching and lower the chance of headaches before it creates major problems.
- Use of moist heat by a warm compress also heals headaches. Take a towel & soak it in hot water, now put it on the body parts where you feel pain & stress. You can also squeeze the hot water of the same towel to gush through your neck or shoulders in order to relieve.
- During the menstruation period, headache is common in women. So they should eat food items rich in zinc or lean meats containing lean proteins.
- Get a massage. Headaches, particularly ones those occur with pain & spreads via neck & shoulders are very discomforting. Getting some massage on scalp, neck & shoulders reduce the pain & release all the stress.
- Eat daily. Hunger & meal skipping can also lead to headaches so it is advisable to eat regularly. Whenever you feel that you are just going to have the headache & you haven’t eaten anything then stop working and grab some food.
- Ice cubes: Ice is well known to prevent various types of pains. It is also effective in relieving headaches. Take an ice cube or pack & apply it on the affected area; it will work wonderfully.
- Painkillers: Nowadays several pain relievers are available in medical shops which work effectively for any kind of headaches. But consult your doctor before buying any analgesic.
- Foods: Some people are allergic to some kind of foods which later trigger a headache in them. It is true for people suffering from a migraine. If you think your headache was stimulated by a particular food item, stop taking that food & discuss with your doctor.
Try out aforesaid methods & heal your chronic, discomforting headaches to move forward in your life.